The ONLY Way to Properly Secure All of Your Data!
What is Encryption?
- Encryption is the process of encoding information. This process converts the original representation of the information, known as plaintext, into an alternative form known as ciphertext.
- Only authorized parties can decipher a ciphertext back to plaintext and access the original information.
- Encryption is the ONLY way to hide your items from invaders such as attckers, bots, nosy people, snoops, hackers/crackers, bad actors, middlemen, and 3LA'S.
How to Encrypt
- Windows: Bitlocker
- Mac: Disk Encryption
- GNU/Linux: home/drive encryption (on installation)
- All: Veracrypt!
- file/partition encryption
- Drive encryption - Windows/GNU
- Standard Notes, GPG-encrypt notes, pass, Keepass
Types of Encryption
- Symmetric vs asymmetric
- End-end (E2EE)
- MFA keys
- Quantum computing may break most known encryption, one day.
- Omemo (for XMPP)
- Signal uses E2EE
- GPG keys
- Also look at sites like posteo.de to see how many different layers of encryption they use.
A video on Encryption.
Quote from Snowden:
"Ultimately, saying that you don't care about privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different from saying you don't care about freedom of speech because you have nothing to say. Or that you don't care about freedom of the press because you don't like to read. Or that you don't care about freedom of religion because you don't believe in God. Or that you don't care about the freedom to peacably assemble because you're a lazy, antisocial agoraphobe. - Edward Snowden in Permanent Record
- Encrypt Everything and Fight for your Human Right to Privacy!